Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/uoc88kwv/soiloflife.com/wp-content/themes/aim-market/template-parts/content-single.php on line 23
Having a beautiful yard is everyone’s dream. There is nothing more relaxing than having quality time in your own yard. To maintain the beauty of your yard, you must take proper care of it. The first important thing is to mow your lawn.
The landscape of your lawn will decide how much work and effort you need to give. If you have a huge and hill landscape, obviously the work will be doubled. You can find plenty of lawn mower in the market.
They can be cordless or corded. Depending on your lawn design and you’re own convenience, you will choose the best one for you. Corded lawn mowers are more preferable to small and medium-sized lawns.
First and foremost, you need an electric power outlet in a suitable place, that will help you to use the lawn mower properly. A corded lawn mower will produce less noise and also will save you a lot of money in comparison with a gasoline power model.
Not only in price but also later in terms of maintenance, the corded lawn mowers are more convenient. Owners of small size lawns prefer a corded lawn mower.
In this article, we will pick some well-rated lawn mower for you. Our chosen models will be based on weight, price, maintenance, and overall performance.
Best Corded Lawn Mower Comparison Chart
6 Best Corded Lawn Mower – Reviews 
- Sun Joe MJ401E 14-Inch 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower
- BLACK+DECKER Lawn Mower
- Earthwise 50520 20-Inch 12-Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- Greenworks 21-Inch 13 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
- Sun Joe MJ408E 20-Inch 12-Amp Electric Lawn Mower ed Electric Lawn Mower
- WORX WG719 13 Amp 20″ Electric Lawn Mower
Sun Joe MJ401E has a 14-inch cutting deck with 12 Amp power motor. This mower is specially designed for cutting small and regular size lawns. The design is very sleek and compact. It lets you move around in your yard, even in the tight corners too.
Sometimes it gets difficult to reach the grass that is in the corner, but this mower is very easy to move around with. The all-terrain wheel is flexible in any kind of land design.
This mower weighs only 29 pounds. You can easily store it in any small space for its compact design. This mower starts up with one single switch. Besides, it has a safety switch in case of accidents. There are three heights settings for the grass cutting.
You can choose any one of those according to your needs.
- Compact design and foldable handle system.
- Lightweight design lets you store it in any place.
- The cutting blades are very sturdy.
- It comes with a design manual so that you can assemble it quickly.
- It has three cutting heights.
- Only the bagging option is available dealing with grass clapping.
- The collection bag is not enough in size.
It is a lightweight lawn mower with a 15-inch cutting deck. The weight is so light that it can be easily moved. Easily movable lawn mowers are a big winner in this field.
No matter how many features your lawn mower has, if it is not easily moved, you can’t be satisfied with the performance.
The compact and lightweight design also helps with small obstacles in the garden. The 1 to 3 inches of blade height performs well in different types of lawns.
You can adjust the height with a single lever, which makes the operation easier. The motor inside is 10 Amp, which makes it less powerful than other similar category lawn mowers in the market.
- It comes with a grass collecting bag.
- Lightweight and easy to move with.
- Affordable in price.
- The height control level is temperamental.
- It has a narrow cutting width.
- It takes time to cover a medium size lawn.
- Inconvenient cord management.
Greenworks M013B00 has a 13-Amp power motor. It is so powerful that it can cut thickets grass too. It comes with a 21-inch cutting deck. This deck in on the higher spectrum of lawn mowers.
So no matter how tall or thick the grass is, this mower ensures everything. Rocks and twigs do not affect the blades.
You can cover a medium-sized lawn very quickly with this lawn mower. It comes with seven height settings. If you are not happy with the cutting height, you can choose from any of the preset heights.
The size of the wheels is perfect too. This lawn mower works in a 3-in-1 system while cutting grass. Discharging-bagging-mulching, this is the system of cutting the grass.
- The 10-inch rear wheel makes the mower easy to move around.
- 7 types of height settings.
- Very lightweight.
- Easy to store.
- It offers a discharge-bagging-mulching system.
- Mulching affects mowing speed.
- Sometimes the grass clipping gets stuck around the motor.
- The plastic used on the mower seems cheap.
This lawn mower from Earthwise comes with a lot of features. If you are looking for something that comes with a lot of additional functionality, then this is the one.
The 12-Amp motor with 120 volts has an rpm of 3600. The steel cutting deck is 20-inch which is perfect for medium size lawns. The handle has a V shape with a good and comfortable grip.
It also has a safety bar and safety blade that ensures any unfortunate accident during operations.
The cutting height of this mower is up to 4 inches, so even tall and thicker grass can be cut easily. The 7 inch- front wheel and 9.5-inch rear wheel keep the mower well-balanced.
- It comes in 3-in-1 operation system.
- It has 7 positions settings with a height of 4 inches, which is very impressive.
- The handle has a cushioned grip that ensures maximum comfort.
- It has a powerful motor.
- Very good for medium-sized lawns.
- People complain about the grass cutting option.
- The cord holder doesn’t work well.
This is another popular lawn mower from Sun Joe. The corded design comes with a 12-Amp motor and a 20-inch cutting deck. There are seven cutting positions, which you can choose manually.
It has a foam-cushioned handle that gives a comfortable grip. This corded lawn mower starts with a single push button and is very easy to use.
It offers a discharge-bagging-mulching system, and the collection bag is quite big. For a regular-sized lawn, this collection bag is good enough.
- It comes with 2 years’ warranty.
- It has completed all safety and performance standards approved by ETL.
- 3-in-1 operation system makes the grass cutting smooth.
- Detachable collector bag.
- Easy to maneuver.
- The foam cushion handle is not sturdy.
- The collection bag could be bigger.
It comes with castor front wheels that give it good maneuverability with safety over obstacles. You can lock the wheels into one place with just a single push button.
The one-touch foldable handle makes it easier to store. This mower produces much less noise so that you can work at any hour of the day with it.
It comes with multiple height settings, making sure even taller grass can be cut. It has a foam-cushioned handle.
- It comes with a double-edge blade.
- The deck construction is very strong and durable.
- Great wheel design.
- Multiple height setting functions.
- The wheels can be dangerous on slopes.
- Plastic parts look cheap.
This is a powerful and compact lawnmower. Basically, it is designed to cut a professional finish on small to medium-sized lawns all over the large areas.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1: Are Flymo mowers any good?
A1: The best flymo lawnmower has to offer, the Speedy-Mo Rotary mower. You can clean the lawn up in no time, with a whopping 1500W of power.
Q2: How long do corded electric lawn mowers last?
A2: Depending on the mower you purchase, your electric lawnmower battery should last up to an hour before needing to be recharged. Basically, an electric lawnmower’s lifetime can last up to 10 years, while the lifetime of its battery is about five years.
Q3: Are corded electric lawn mowers good?
A3: Corded electric lawnmowers are ideal for smaller yards. And they don’t cost a fortune in gas and maintenance They are quiet, cheap to maintain. Again, it is most important and friendly to nature
Q4: How many amps is an electric lawn mower?
A4: Generally electric lawnmowers draw 6 to 12 amps. When choosing a cord based on gauge, the lower gauge number, the more power a cord can handle.
Corded vs. Cordless lawnmower
A corded lawn mower is more environment-friendly. It runs on electricity. Hence, it doesn't produce smoke or harmful gas and hampers nature. That's why corded lawn mowers have been top-rated in recent years.
Corded lawn mowers can work directly from the electricity from a power outlet. It also can work on batteries. For that, you just need to charge it up and later use the mower.
Let’s take a look at the basic structure and operation type of a corded and cordless lawn mower
Corded Lawn Mower:
A corded lawn mower is very powerful and cuts any kind of grasses and can be used any type of lawn. These are lightweight and easy to use. Corded lawn mower produces less noise.
If you want to enjoy your weekend and also cut down the grasses from your lawn, then nothing can beat this. Corded lawn mowers are usually compact in size, and you can store it in any small space.
This is more suitable for small or medium-sized yards. As this type of lawn mowers is corded, so your mobility becomes limited to a distance.
Cordless Lawn Mower:
Mobility is the main feature of cordless lawn mowers. Usually, they run on gasoline or batteries. As there are no cords associated with it, you can move anywhere.
For huge yards, a cordless lawn mower comes handy. The main issue with a cordless lawn mower is, it is heavy in size and most of the time, hard to maintain. In terms of performance, these are neck to neck with corded lawn mowers.
So based on your use and the size of the lawn, you will choose the type of lawn mower that is perfect for your lawn.
Benefits of Corded Lawn Mower
Corded lawn mowers are handy than the cordless one. There are few benefits for which the corded mowers are slightly better than the cordless lawn mowers.
- Corded lawn mowers are budget-friendly. These are quite inexpensive comparing to the cordless one. If you don't want to invest in a fancy cordless lawn mower, then this is the better choice.
- These are hassle-free. Corded lawn mowers required the least amount of maintenance. You don't need oil, fuel for these to run.
- There is no engine maintenance, no filters or spark plugs in a corded lawn mower.
- You don't have to worry about the battery running out. It runs from electricity.
- There is zero gas emission from Corded Lawn mower. That makes it more environment-friendly.
- Corded lawn mowers produce less amount of noise.
- These have a compact design and easily storable.
Features to look for before buying a corded lawn mower
When you will research on corded lawn mowers, you will find plenty of lawn mowers with tons of features. But there are some important ones that you might forget or skip.
These are some of the crucial features you must check before investing on a lawn mower:
- Corded lawn mower usually produces less noise. But for absolutely no noise, you can buy a lawn mower with whisper quite feature. This feature allows you to work early in the morning without producing a single sound.
- Make sure your mower has a headlight. So that you can work in low light conditions if needed.
- Check the ergonomics of the mower. Make sure it is easy to push around.
- Guards around the deck are also important. These help you from injuries during work.
- If you have kids, then make sure that mower comes with childproof safety features.
- Choose a mower that comes with a universal collection bag.
- Check the weight and size of the lawn mower. Choose a foldable handle design.
- All-terrain wheels ensure traction on the uneven lawn or wet grass.
All of these mowers come with different features. You can be assured that none will disappoint you in terms of performance.
My favorite is the Greenworks 21-Inch 13 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower MO13B00. It has a powerful motor which I prefer much.
Being a lightweight design makes it easy to move with. Plus, the 7 settings of height for grasses are impressive too. All in all, it makes your lawn mowing very easy.